Sons a Bitches!!

This is the general information board. Please place any ideas for this site, our servers, or any thing else that doesn't fit anywhere else.

Do you cheat hack or other wise bend the rules?!?!?!

Yes, I can not lie.. I cheat or hack to make up for my short falls!
No votes
No! I actually have skillz
38%
No! I really am that bad..
63%
Hacks are part of life get used to them
No votes

Total votes: 8

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Sons a Bitches!!

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Ok so we need some action here don't we! New board old topic! EVERYONE cheats, hacks, and/or lies about cheating hacking and what not. Where are the 187 boys we need a good argument!!!!!
:rocker:

kIk

Cheater fags

Post by kIk »

HA - 0 % cheat ..!!!!!! God dam liars .... need a rocket up their arses !

BashBang
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

CHEATING IS ANOTHER WAY OF SAYING, I SUCK!!!!!!

Post by BashBang »

CHEATING IS ANOTHER WAY OF SAYING, I SUCK!!!!!!, SO I WILL SUCK WITH SOME CLASS.
Sorry, but if we all cheated then who's to agree with one that really has skill.

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

On the other side of the fence..

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Granted I am the biggest advocate of not cheating, but you have to look at it from another prospective..

Joe Hacker states..

I have learned or in the process of learning how to code, either in school or I'm a smart ass mo' fo' who is here to rule the world. Where is the only place in computing society where I can enjoy competition? Gaming..

In the case of Half-Life and Valve these "providers" of a digital service actually released their product with enough development tools to re-write the game. So why the hell would I not take advantage of that lack of security? Do you go easy on someone in game because they have less ability then you do?? Then why should I go easy on you just because you can't write your own hack?

I call this the Matrix Syndrome :P people (mostly coders) who feel its their god given right to change things.

But are they wrong?

Or is it really just a question of ethics..

Blog..

Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Murdock »

Should I take advantage of my library because they don't have security tags and security system at the doors, or should I play by the rules, get a card and pay late fees? Why should I pay late fees? I know how to take books? I can just take books, and bring them back when I'm done and I'm not hurting anyone?

I don't know...Where would society be if everyone did what ever the hell they wanted to?

Osiramon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Osiramon »

btw does your library rent games?

IE CounterStrike, CNC Generals, WCIII, Battlefield 1942, etc?

Just wondering if that could be rental source for uber... Will have to check with Madison Library.
Osiramon
A.K.A. CorpusDecrepid

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Murdock wrote:Should I take advantage of my library because they don't have security tags and security system at the doors, or should I play by the rules, get a card and pay late fees? Why should I pay late fees? I know how to take books? I can just take books, and bring them back when I'm done and I'm not hurting anyone?

I don't know...Where would society be if everyone did what ever the hell they wanted to?
Ok, so is a Library book and the rules the Library tries to enforce the same as a game license that I purchased and now own? The Library provides books on loan for the purpose of reading and returning. A software title is a purchase that you now own.

Granted the EULA is a contract that binds you to rules your supposed to follow but when the product itself comes with the code for you to develop new version of the product. Whats to say a hack is not a new interpreted version of that product?

Lets look at it this way. You are a gearhead who loves to customize cars and then race them on the street. Is their an unspoken rule stating how much you can customize a car before its considered an unfair advantage and you are not allowed to race?

Organisations like CPL and other tournament organisers never have online competitions for the sole reason that their is no way to guarantee compliance. And as long as people know how to reverse engineer code their will always be hacks.

So do we need to find a happy "middle of the road" to have a successful public server?