Update: Contest Results

This is the general information board. Please place any ideas for this site, our servers, or any thing else that doesn't fit anywhere else.
Darth_Choad
Private
Private

Update: Contest Results

Post by Darth_Choad »

Here is an update to the contest I entered to win a Xbox 360:

Monday 11/7: We received a phone call from MTV stating that they liked our video(HEXTRAORDINARY) and wanted a hi-res copy. Copy sent.

Tuesday 11/8: Nothing.

Wednesday 11/9: We received a phone call and e-mail stating that we were potential GRAND PRIZE WINNERS!!!!!!!!. All we need to do was fill out some forms(affidavit, release and tax forms), get the affidavit notorized, and fax them by 4pm EST. Excitement all around!!

Thursday 11/10: Have forms completed and ready to fax by 1pm, only to have their fax line be busy or have it disconnect the call. Finally get through at 4:37pm, a half hour late. Sent emails explaining situation and overnighted originals(they wanted the originals by 11/17). Very nervous that we might be disqualified for not getting forms in on time.

Friday 11/11: Confirmed that they received originals. Nothing else all day. Left numerous voice mails asking if everything was all right. No reply.

Friday 11/11, 8:30pm: Receive phone call from the travel agent stating that we were CONFIRMED WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!! and they needed the email addresses of everyone in the group to make travel arrangements.

O Happy Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to thank everyone who had voted for us, as we could not do it with out you.

The Grand Prize consists of A Xbox 360 (we will get these ~6 days before there release), 3 games(Perfect Dark:Zero, Project Gothem Racing 3, and Kameo:Elements of Power), A one year subscription to the Xbox Live service, and a 3 Day/2 Night trip to the Xbox 360 release party, located in an undisclosed location in the Mohave Desert.

The reality of this has not set in yet, but I guess in will when the white box appears on my doorstep by the end of this coming week, and I jump on a plane next sunday!!

Thanks Again,

Darth_Choad

Here is the link to our winning video:

http://www.hex168.com/winners.aspx?type ... DA22C7FBAE

Darth_Choad
Private
Private

Post by Darth_Choad »

Just got the email to make travel arrangements!!!

Leaving 11/19!!!!

WooHoo!!!

Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Murdock »

THAT IS FANTASTIC!!!!
Congrats guys!!!

So does this mean you're going to be on MTV??? When ???
Murdock
Director
NJLANParty.com

Osiramon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Osiramon »

So how are you going to divide the single 360 into 6?

And is the trip to the launch party for 1, 6 or 12?

My bet is three... Let the fighting begin...
Osiramon
A.K.A. CorpusDecrepid

Darth_Choad
Private
Private

Post by Darth_Choad »

Actually, the grand prize is awarded to each of the six members of the winning entry. The trip is for just the six of us, no guests.

harlock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by harlock »

Congrats. Enjoy your trip and your Xbox 360. Let us know when you're going to be on MTV!

BashBang
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by BashBang »

:shock:
WAy COOL VIDEO and Congrats

Were are to expect the Xbox 360 at the next lan party right....

RIGHT!!!!

HAve fun and make us proud
:lol:

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Yay!

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Thats really great! Congradulations! Let us know if your going to be on TV and at what time..
Bleh, Signatures mean nothing to me!

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Yay!

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Thats really great! Congradulations! Let us know if your going to be on TV and at what time..
Bleh, Signatures mean nothing to me!