Star Wars III

This board is to be used to discuss NJLP events and possible future events.
KiKbUtKiS
Commodore
Commodore

Star Wars III

Post by KiKbUtKiS »

5 more days ... can't wait ... Thanks Murdock,......... for making it an event ...

The role of Captain Antilles was originally offered to Denis Lawson, who played Wedge Antilles in the original trilogy.

Lucas originally had not planned to include any bounty hunters in this final installment of the prequel trilogy, but after much fanfare for the bounty hunter Kola Bomm from the Zarn books Lucas wrote a small cameo part into the script to as homage to fans of the alternate star wars universes

The Wookiee costumes from this film sport a new arterial system that pump ice cold water to help cool down the actor wearing the suit.

Hayden Christensen gained 11 kilograms (24.2 pounds) for this film. He did so by eating six meals a day.

" From the opening 20th Century Fox logo, the movie hits the ground running, proving once again the CGI capabilities of ILM and the thrills they inspire. However, unlike the first two films, where spectacular effects were layered upon complicated, contrived and sometimes dramatically vacant scenes executed with some of the worst performances in memory, there is solid story telling here. And that's the difference. "

may the force be with you ............ KiK
Widdoutadowt

KiKbUtKiS
Commodore
Commodore

missing post

Post by KiKbUtKiS »

How come you can't see the star wars III post from the message board ?
Widdoutadowt

harlock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by harlock »

I see your message fine.

Thanks Murdock for oragnizing this. I can't wait to see this one, it looks good from the trailers. Hopefully, Lucas will redeem himself with this one.

Osiramon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Osiramon »

Murdock:

If you look at the main homepage with Firefox, you have trouble with the message board and the ubercon's over message. The text runs into each other.
Osiramon
A.K.A. CorpusDecrepid

KiKbUtKiS
Commodore
Commodore

board swap

Post by KiKbUtKiS »

I posted (thought) in the General Discussion, where I saw it for a time, then it moved to NJLanParty board .. weird ... anyway ............
Widdoutadowt

Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Murdock »

KIk,

Yes...you did post it in the discussion board...I moved it to the events board, because this was about one of our events. Sorry I didn't get the chance to mention it to you. I figured you'd find it from the home page.

Murdock
Murdock
Director
NJLANParty.com

Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Murdock »

I just bought the tickets!!! 24 Tickets....so get me your $$$ as soon as you can to guarentee a ticket....Incase I have to buy more.

Murdock
Murdock
Director
NJLANParty.com

BashBang
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Post by BashBang »

Still count me in, I was out tuesday, the little one was sick.
I can give you the money when I get in on wednesday.
It may be in the afternoon if the little one is not feeling well again.

BTW... I saw the mesage fine.

KiKbUtKiS
Commodore
Commodore

STUB Check

Post by KiKbUtKiS »

May 19, 2005

'Star Wars' fans befuddled by wrong date on tickets
Times Herald-Record

Town of Wallkill – Too bad Obi-Wan Kenobi wasn't available yesterday to direct befuddled "Star Wars" fans who showed up a day early for the "Episode III" debut.
"This is not the show you are looking for," he could have said. "Move along."
Local fans with tickets reading "12:25 a.m. Wed. 5/18" showed up at the Loews Galleria Metroplex yesterday morning and were turned away by mall security and Loews employees.
"Episode III – Revenge of the Sith" opens today and began showing at 12:01 a.m. this morning, even though the tickets said otherwise.
"I mean, it sounds ridiculous," said Steve Briski, 24 of Middletown. "Everyone knows Thursday is the opening. But I bought tickets for tonight because that's what the theater said."
Spokesmen for Loews and the online ticket service Fandango, who are responsible for ticket sales, were unavailable for comment.
According to Briski and his friends, about 40 other people congregated at the theater Tuesday night in a haze of confusion.
"The manager of Loews started screaming at everybody and making us look like idiots," Briski said. "The 40 people that showed up are not idiots, we're just people who can follow the date of a ticket."
And they're not alone. A manager at Palisades Center reported that about 100 fans showed up to see the movie at their Loews theater, too.
The problem might be isolated to Loews locations. No fans showed up early Wednesday morning at the Regal Theaters in the Poughkeepsie Galleria, even though their "Episode III" tickets also said May 18,
"The reason they say May 18 is that the showing is still during our Wednesday business day," explained Diane Gallagher, an assistant manager at Regal Fishkill 10. "We won't close everything down until it's over and done with, even though technically 12:01 is the 19th."
Regal Theaters fielded phone calls during the day and posted signs explaining the situation, something Loews did not do.
Nobody showed up early at Showtime Cinemas in Newburgh, either, according to theater manager Joanne Seymour. "Our tickets actually say May 19th even though it's on the cusp," she said.
Widdoutadowt