New System build / Old system components up for grabs

Forum for Tech Discussion...Let's talk about anything Tech Related.
KlepMod
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

New System build / Old system components up for grabs

Post by KlepMod »

Hey all,
I've started collecting parts for my new system, so I'll have some parts to sell and/or give away. Also have some choices to make still.

So far on the inbound side:
Silverstone FT02 (love this quirky case, and I need to go quiet this time around)
ASUS P6X58D Premium (planning ahead SATA III, USB 3.0, and 6 core ready)
i7-920
6GB of PC3-12800
Waiting for the new Crucial RealSSD-C300 SATA-III 6Gbps SSD. Out Feb 22nd.

The big question is should I wait for fermi/GTX480? I can't find anything regarding a release date. Was going to get the Sapphire HD5870 vapor-x. Looks like it has a very good quiet cooler.

On the outbound side:
Tome is getting my E6600
I'll have an 8800GTX with an attached koolance water block available. I saved the air cooler so that can be put back on if someone wants it. I don't care about the card but the water block is still worth something.
The case is a koolance PC3-725, which is a Lian Li 1100 with a koolance drop-in Inx720 water cooling system. Included is the CPU block. This is for sale, no offer too small.
I have a creative x-fi fatal1ty sound card. I think it may be failing but gliches could be software related. Reboot fixes it every time. Excellent 3d sound with headphones. Always know where the shots are coming from. Free to anyone. It has a front panel accessory.
2 sticks Corsair Dominator. Can't remember now, but I think it's PC28500, 1066 MHz, 4GB, with the air cooler. For sale.
The mobo is an EVGA socket 775. I think nvidia 690i but again I don't remember. I'll get the details if anyone is interested.

[FETT]Cupcake
Commander
Commander

Re: New System build / Old system components up for grabs

Post by [FETT]Cupcake »

New build looks good, mine is very similar. Silverstone is the best, their quality can not be beat...I have the FT01. I like your SSD choice, I have a Patriot Torqx SSD and love it. I'll never go back to platter drive.

Don't know about the new vid cards, haven't heard too much about them. I have 2 gtx 285's in sli and no game had maxed it yet.
Steam Name: An0rak