Lucas sells out to the Govt !!

This is the general information board. Please place any ideas for this site, our servers, or any thing else that doesn't fit anywhere else.
KiKbUtKiS
Commodore
Commodore

Lucas sells out to the Govt !!

Post by KiKbUtKiS »

WASHINGTON - Thirty years ago, in theaters near and far, far away, a movie opened the imaginations of millions, combining the magic of mythology and special effects to launch the "Star Wars" phenomenon.
The star of those films — the brave little robot R2-D2 — is about to take a turn collecting mail as the Postal Service and Lucasfilm Ltd. commemorate that movie launch.
The post office is wrapping mail collection boxes in some 200 cities nationwide in a special covering to look like R2-D2.
It's part of a promotion for a new stamp to be announced March 28, said Anita T. Bizzotto, the post office's chief marketing officer.
"It's a little teaser for the upcoming announcement and we decided to have a little fun with it," she said.
About 400 mailboxes will be covered to look like the stout droid. "When you look at a mailbox, the resemblance to R2-D2 is too good to pass up," Bizzotto said.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?secti ... id=5125094
Widdoutadowt

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

I want one!

Is it a felony to steal mailboxes that don't look like mailboxes???
Bleh, Signatures mean nothing to me!

NILL
Commander
Commander

Post by NILL »

Don't know, but you might be able to get away (read not get caught) with taking the skin and looking on eBay for used mail box. eBay is suppose to have every thing right?