NJLP LAN?????????

This board is to be used to discuss NJLP events and possible future events.
[FETT]Cupcake
Commander
Commander

NJLP LAN?????????

Post by [FETT]Cupcake »

When is the next NJLanparty LAN going to be? I've been waiting patiently. We all need to find someone to watch our kids for the weekend and have a good time!!!
Steam Name: An0rak

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Agreed! But lets not make it all BF 2 :)
Any chance we can set it up even slightly more south of Butler?
Bleh, Signatures mean nothing to me!

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Ok, so Cupcake brought up a good point and I chimed in without offering help. So below is my ideas and plans. Murdock has a kid and he has said to me already that he's sorta getting burnt with the LAN thing. So below is my suggestion on how we can still party, have fun, and run a well organized party.

And their is no reason why we can't plan for a party two months down the road we don't have to do it right away. So shout out and let us know if your willing to pitch in.

I don't think we want people saying "I want this job", we just want to know who would be willing to do a job.

Or if I'm going way overboard, let me know and we'll just party in a basement :)

=====================================
I am willing to put forth the effort to help plan and organize the party. I'll even hunt around for a location. But only if we have enough of our crew willing to help in the planning and management. If it all gets heaped on one or two people then it ends up being work rather then fun.
We can setup a few tournaments, get some prizes etc.. But we need bodies to handle things.

Such as.

Finance Coordinator
Takes care of collections at the door and before hand. Murdock, I know already has a paypal account setup but its not necessary to have one.

Networking/Hardware Manager
Need somebody to "manage" the needs of our hardware. What we need to have and where is it coming from. Make a list of servers coming, who is providing those servers, Switches, wireless devices, and whats being played on which. We should have a few guys who will volunteer a server and set it up, but we need someone to organize and keep on top of the whens and where's.

Server Admins managed by Networking/Hardware Manager
The Server Admins will usually be the guys who are willing to bring a server and its their job to make sure its up a running, when the server is needed. In this case we need people who know how to install servers and run them.

Location Coordinator
The guy who worries about the where and all things included such as paying the site if needed, parking considerations, getting directions, dealing directly with the owners of the space, providing information on where you can get food in the area and worrying about the time frame for setup, cleanup, etc...

Security
Even though its not that intense of a job and we don't plan on having a BIG party. It is smart to have someone who is atleast thinking about security.

Tourney Manager
Responsible for creating a list of tournaments to be played and managing the paper work of keeping records. Also includes any prize management for those tourney winners.

MC
The best LAN parties always have an MC someone who announces the tournaments and is the "Man" to talk to. We all know how smoozie Murdock is but anyone could really do this.

Marketing/Prize Guy
Takes care of getting the word out so we get a decent turn out. Also will be the go to guy for getting prizes. BTW.. I'm thinking of building some old servers to give away as prizes. Like a Dual P2 233 Server with SCSI 1 and 2 on the board, drives, and MS 2000 Server Standard etc.. I need to get rid of hardware in my basement. :shock:

I think thats it.. So if your willing, give a shout out and if we have enough we can start talking about a meeting of the minds. We can use gotomeeting or net meeting or "blah blah blah" to meet talk and organize more.

Lets just see who really wants to have a Party..

Digs...

[FETT]Cupcake
Commander
Commander

Post by [FETT]Cupcake »

I'll volunteer to do whatever I can. I'm living in Northern Va right now, so my abilty to get things done locally will be limited. Anything else though, I'm ready to help.

Plus, maybe everyone from NJLP should try to get together an go to NJGamers on Nov. 10th. I'll be there, and there won't be mauch to do as everything is taken care of. All you have to do is show up.

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Ok, I'm reserving the 10th and I hope to be their with a PC that has more power then my current system.

[WW]Omega
Captain
Captain

Post by [WW]Omega »

Looks like Gregg's going to have a full house at the next LAN!

[FETT]Cupcake
Commander
Commander

Post by [FETT]Cupcake »

Yeah, I should be there. Funny how my visits back to NJ usually fall on the second friday of the month.

coold8
Captain
Captain

Post by coold8 »

Hi,

I am not part of your crew but I can volunteer for ya.

I can bring 2 servers with the following specs:

Laptop:

Intel Core Duo T2600
2gb Dual-Channel
100mbps Uplink
80gb 7.2k SATA 150 Hard Drive
Geforce 7900GS (for those few games that require a startup of the game.
Running Windows XP Pro

New Server:
2.66 Pentium 4
2x 7200RPM 80gb
1gb of Dual-Channel
FX5200
100mbit uplink (soon to be upgraded to gig)
Running Windows Xp Pro w/ Media Center Mod

I will of course then bring the cube as my primary gaming machine.

I can also administrate those servers or place games on them (Prior to LAN then you admin the server) as per your request.

Have a good one.
-Dave

Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Murdock »

I spoke to the firehall today. Looks good for a party between now and the end of the year.

Here is are two questions for ya.

How would you feel about a one day party?

and

What if that one day was a Sunday?

Right now all the fire hall has available between now and the end of 2006 is Sundays. I'm willing to do it if you are. We could start early and go late...like 9:00am to 9:00 pm. I am going to ask about the possibility of getting in there on Saturday night. Maybe a start time of 8:00pm - 10:00pm Saturday night and go until Sunday Night. That would all depend on if the people who have the hall on Saturday can be out by then.

Again...this is all preliminary...depending on how many people we have...but I'm thinking the cost would be $20 and that would include all the food and drink!!!

How does that sound? Good? If so then post your availability for the Sundays in November.
Murdock
Director
NJLANParty.com

[FETT]Cupcake
Commander
Commander

Post by [FETT]Cupcake »

Well, November 10th is NJGamers. I'm not sure who else will be going to that, but I was planning on goin and so was Digger. Murdock, you might be going, not sure yet.

Sundays are tough for me in General. I have to work on Sundays. I could get leave, but if it ends at 9pm on sunday I would never get back in time for my wife to get to bed for work on Monday. Damn I hate living in Virginia. I hope my transfer to atlantic city comes through soon. I would be able to go to a party that ended Sunday morning, but not sunday night.

Now I feel stupid, cause I was the one that brought this up, and my schedule is messing it up.

What about a friday night in december? Are they available at all? I was thinking the 29th. We could start at 6pm or whenever they would let us and go until Saturday morning until we have to leave? I figured it was a good day cause it will be after christmas but before new years. And some people might even have off that week. What do you guys think?
Last edited by [FETT]Cupcake on Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Murdock »

We're looking at next year...The fire hall didn't have the 2007 calendar yet..so I couldn't book anything.
Murdock
Director
NJLANParty.com

[FETT]Cupcake
Commander
Commander

Post by [FETT]Cupcake »

Murdock, just updated my previous post...what about friday december 29th?

harlock
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by harlock »

Murdock, I still have to check out that other Fire Hall that I was talking about. It's in West Milford and on Macopin Road

You also mention about a Fire Hall in Kinnelon and there is one on Kiel Avenue. Check out their web site http://www.kvfc.net/
If you click on the Apr. 9 - Spring Pancake Breakfast http://www.kvfc.net/pcake0604/pcake0604.htm It has pictures of the Fire Hall. It's much closer to Route 287/23 exit than the one in West Milford.

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

So what ever happened with this? Did my post scare all away?? :oops:

Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Murdock »

Nope...Trying to find a date.

All they have open are Sundays between now and the end of the year. I have the e-vite already to go...I just have to send it.
Murdock
Director
NJLANParty.com