My e-mail has more RAM ! Happy Birthday !

Forum for Tech Discussion...Let's talk about anything Tech Related.
KiKbUtKiS
Commodore
Commodore

My e-mail has more RAM ! Happy Birthday !

Post by KiKbUtKiS »

PC turns 25
In August 1981, IBM introduced its first PC. It weighed over 20 pounds and had 16KB of RAM If you were ready to plunk down about $1,600, you could have owned a piece of history.
At 21 pounds (without drives), the 5150 wasn't much fatter than the PCs of today. Under the hood, things looked a bit different: 40KB of read-only memory and 16KB of RAM (upgradable to 256KB). You could configure the machine with one or two 160KB floppy drives, but a jack for a cassette player was included. Users certainly loved the "power-on automatic self-test of system components" and "built-in speaker for musical programming." And the keyboard (included) weighed six pounds. The 11.5-inch monochrome monitor, capable of displaying 25 lines of text, weighed in at 17 lbs. and supported both upper- and lowercase characters. Whoa.
Widdoutadowt

KiKbUtKiS
Commodore
Commodore

BF2 = Diversioin 2006

Post by KiKbUtKiS »

The 5150 had built-in BASIC and Pascal support for writing programs, and it included a ton of business software: VisiCalc, Peachtree accounting software, and the EasyWriter word processor. And yes, Microsoft Adventure, a text-based adventure game, was available for diversions
Widdoutadowt

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Hmmm this post looks strikingly familiar...

Widdoutadowt!
8)
Bleh, Signatures mean nothing to me!