Hey

Forum for Tech Discussion...Let's talk about anything Tech Related.
Viva
Private
Private

Hey

Post by Viva »

Hey guys i'm ready for some LAN, what games do you guys usually play at your LAN parties? -viva

Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Murdock »

Hey man...good to hear from you.

We mainly play UT, and all things Half-life (CS, DMC, etc), but recently, we have gotten into Battlefield 2.

We are always looking for new games to play. What are you into?

We sometimes have WAN parties, where we agree to meet up online on a particular night, password protect the server and just have fun with the NJLP family.
Murdock
Director
NJLANParty.com

[FETT]Cupcake
Commander
Commander

Post by [FETT]Cupcake »

Murdock, where are you? I thought you were coming to WW.

Everything ok?
Steam Name: An0rak

Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Murdock »

UHG!!! I didn't know you were going...

Ah...had to work on the babies room today...I had to cancel. If I knew you were coming, I woulda tried harder to get out of this...MAYBE...I'll show up later....But SHHHH don't tell Pokey (=wife).

On a side note...tell WW to make an announcement....Tell him to tell everyone there that they can get a "PREFERRED" SLOT on our Ranked BF2 if they e-mail me (murdock@njlanparty.com) and let me know their game name and e-mail address and I will tell them all about it. Tell them that they have to e-mail me in the next 48 hours to qualify.

(Preferred slot is not a RESERVED slot because I don't want to tie up empty slots. However, what I mean by preferred is that if ever the server is full, I will give them a way to contact us so an NJLP member will KICK someone so they can get in).
Murdock
Director
NJLANParty.com

Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Murdock »

Cupcake...
Looks like I'm not going to make it...Sorry.
Murdock
Director
NJLANParty.com

Viva
Private
Private

hey

Post by Viva »

I have BF2 and Steam with the products (no source just 1.6) I think I have UT2k4 somewhere but i'de have to find the cd, I also have quake 4 as far as FPS goes that's it, I have some MMO games but you dont need lan for that.

I'm around Old Bridge and I've heard from buddies that I should try going to some LAN partys. and this seems like the right place

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

Hey Viva, Majestic is having a LAN party on Friday, check out http://www.njgamers.com

Not sure who of us are attending, I know Murdock is desperate to get his butt fragged in UT..

[GRIN] :lol:

:idea: :idea:
Why not plan a "classics" lan party! Break out all the old stuff and require that all games played have to be released atleast 5, 10, 15 years ago?

Heh 2 hours of the original Wolfenstein or even Doom. Nah don't think so..

:idea:
Two or four man groups play coop quake or even duke nukem to see who can get the farthest in the game in a certain period of time, like an hour. Yes on the hardest level..
Bleh, Signatures mean nothing to me!

Viva
Private
Private

cool

Post by Viva »

cool I'm thinking of heading over there and checking it out, i'll be embarrased by my gear right now tho(dell XD) but im in the process of buying computer parts to make my own, im still deciding the parts i wanna get for it tho.

Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Murdock »

That's cool...now is a good time to buy.

If you're going to Friday Night Frag...I might see you there....If my new son doesn't arrive first... :)
[Edit]
If my new son doesn't arrive in the WORLD first...Not the Lan Party.
Last edited by Murdock on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murdock
Director
NJLANParty.com

Viva
Private
Private

Post by Viva »

i'm not sure on the video card, motherboard and how much power i need in a psu for a good gaming pc

Murdock
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Murdock »

I'm not so much a hardware guy, but I'll offer my 2 cents...

I stick with nVidia all the way. I try to buy as much video card as I can afford. I usually make it the last item so I can spend more and get more.

I am currently using a 6800 GT, and its doing great. I would go to a 7900, but even that doesn't support DirectX 10. So I will wait until I start seeing stuff that needs DX10. A cheap solution might be 2 6800's SLI'd. I think there is some aspect of DX9 that the 6800 doesn't cover, but I am not sure.

As for Power...I would spend good money on a good powersupply. I just had one go, and it took the motherboard with it. You can find a good one, 500W plus...for between $40-$100.

Motherboard is a tougher decision...I'll let one of the other guys advise you here....
Murdock
Director
NJLANParty.com

Digger[NJLP]
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Digger[NJLP] »

We should move this and the other thread in to the Tech Dump.. Plus consolidate the two I'm getting confused where I'm posting :?
Bleh, Signatures mean nothing to me!